Working with canvases
The Blank Canvas. It’s in the name. A blank canvas is a tool that you can use in any folio to commit your vision to a blank page. The blank canvas is the most flexible canvas we have. You can divide your folio into columns and stack different modules in the canvas.
There are two ways to add a canvas to your folio:
- Select the ‘Add +’ icon at the top left of your edit screen. Adding a canvas from here will place the canvas at the bottom of your folio. The blank canvas is the first block you’ll see on the module pop-up.
- Canvases can also be added to individual sections of your folio via the ‘+’ icon on the floating menu on the right of each section. This will add the new canvas at the bottom of that section.
Here are some things you can do with canvases:
- Add or adjust the number of columns
- Drag, drop and stack modules inside canvas columns
- Change the color scheme
- Add a canvas background image or color
- Add a canvas header
- Share, export, duplicate or delete
Along with the blank canvas, you can utilize the User Persona, Business Model Canvas, or Lean Canvas to incorporate your favorite features from those folios into any folio you’re creating. Switch to the “more” tab at the top of the “Add” pop-up to add specialty canvases to your folio.
Here are more help articles to learn about working with folios:
- Creating folios
- Working with modules
- Working with sections
- Using the toolbar
- Collaborating on folios
- Sharing folios
- Saving folios as templates
- Managing folios on the team dashboard
Or check out these articles to learn more about getting started in Xtensio: