Manage the style guide
With Xtensio’s premium plans, you can customize the font styles and colors available for your team when creating new folios. You’ll be prompted to set your style guide when you create your team, but the team owners and admins can also manage the style guide under the profile menu when logged into the team dashboard.
Add new fonts from Google, the system or Xtensio’s pre-set fonts. Choose fonts that your team regularly uses when creating brand deliverables. These could be your organization’s fonts or you can add the most popular fonts you use when creating client collateral.
- Locate the ‘style guide’ under your profile menu on your team dashboard.
- Search and add fonts.
Set your team’s default font and remove unused font styles. For teams creating in-house collateral, set the default font to align with your organizations’ style guide. For teams creating a variety of branded documents for different clients, set your most-used font style as the default font and add other commonly used fonts to your style guide so they’re available for team members under the font style selection.
- Mark the star next to the font you want to set as your team’s default setting. All new folios created by any team member will have this font automatically applied.
- Click the X next to fonts that your team doesn’t regularly use to remove them from your team’s available fonts. This will cut out confusion by limiting the fonts available for team members and guests. Plus, the less number of fonts available, the faster your folios will load.
Manage colors.You can manually add colors, pick colors from a website URL or upload a color swatch to match your Style Guide to your organization’s, or your client’s, branding guidelines. The custom color palette can include up to 27 colors. Add to Xtensio’s existing color palette, replace with your own or add and remove as needed for different client projects.
- Locate the ‘Style Guide’ under your profile menu and switch the tab to ‘Manage Colors.’
- By default, the tab will be on the ‘Select Colors’ option. Click on colors to replace or delete them. Select the star icon to set your team’s default color. Click the + icon to add new color options. You can choose the color from the color selector or enter a color hex code.
- You can also select colors from a website. Click the ‘Pick from Website’ link at the top of the Style Guide and enter your URL. Select the colors you’d like to add to your Style Guide and then select to ‘add to existing color palette’ or ‘replace existing color palette’ via the dropdown at the bottom. Go back to the ‘Select Colors’ tab to set your default color.
- If you have a color swatch as an .aco file, you can also upload this to choose your team’s colors. Select the ‘Upload Color Swatch’ tab at the top of the pop-up and upload your file to choose your colors. Go back to the ‘Select Colors’ tab to set your default color.